Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cornbread pancakes

I love pancakes and I tried the pancakes with the gluten free bisquick but it wasn't doing it for me so I looked up a recipe for cornbread pancakes and made the appropriate substitutions to make these wheat, egg and dairy free. Here is what I got.

Ingredients
3/4 cup gluten free bisquick
3/4 cup cornmeal (I used white corn meal but you could use yellow)
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups almond milk (I used the unflavored unsweetened but you could use whatever flavor you like or even use soy or coconut milk depending on your allergy)
3 tablespoons dairy-free margarine, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1.Mix bisquick, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in almond milk, vanilla and butter and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk until the consistancy you like for pancakes.
2.Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter on griddle and cook until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 1 minute. Continue with remaining batter.


Top with dairy free margarine and syrup and enjoy! I also like to top my pancakes with unsweetened applesauce. You can even use some of the fun flavors of applesauce that they have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home